In October 2018, Canada will become only the second country in the world, after Uruguay, to legalize recreational cannabis. This follows the 2001 legalization of medical cannabis.
In this webinar, Tiffany Tsang from Lindsay LLP in Vancouver looks at how legal medical cannabis has impacted personal injury claims. Jennifer Therrien of Kelly Santini LLP in Ottawa explores the impact legal recreational cannabis will have on insurers after October 17th, 2018.
Specific topics covered include:
Medical cannabis and personal injury law
– The College of Family Physicians of Canada guidelines on authorizing medical cannabis
Health Canada’s view of the role of Cannabidiol and its health benefits
– Judicial decisions that have included an award for medical cannabis use
– Factors considered by BC court in determining if cost for medical cannabis should be awarded to the plaintiff
Implications of recreational cannabis on insurers
– Overview of Federal and Ontario laws
– Proving marijuana impairment and coverage implications
– Insurance risks under new cultivation laws
This video was seen: 23 times and provides a duration of 3502 seconds.